Updated March 31, 2020
To our Dear Beachmere Inn Guests,
A lot has changed since my letter first out on March 6th regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to work to keep our team safe and secure while working on the property so we are ready to welcome you back. It’s just not the same not having you all here with us and we MISS you all.
On March 3/24/2020 we made the difficult but necessary decision that we were going to close the Inn and Blue Bistro until April 10th, Friday. Today, March 31, 2020, Governor Mills announced further modifications to the way businesses and residents of Maine can operate. We, in compliance with our State’s efforts and for the protection of our team, have decided to now stay closed until May 1st. We will continue to help flatten the curve and step back from public interactions. We will keep the office open from 8am to 6pm, with one person on site and the others working remotely to assist you with questions, reservations or cancellations. Based on the Govenor’s recommendations today, we will look at how to modify and comply with who comes on site on a daily basis.
We have greatly relaxed our cancellation policies, working with each of you as to whether you wish to rebook for a later date or transfer your deposit to a different reservation later in the year or next year. Until July, we are not forfeiting deposits no matter how late you call to cancel. Should you wish a refund, we are working with each of you to determine what method works best and how to process most efficiently. Please reach out to our front desk team for more information at 800-336-3983. As we continue to work on social distancing within the work place, know that there may be times when there are only 1 or two of us in the office on the phones. If we don’t answer, please feel free to email us at [email protected] for questions, cancellations or reservations.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and team members are of paramount importance to us. We are working at safe distances, determining how to implement work at home opportunities and have offered time off to those who wish to stay at home all together.
It is imperative that we all stay informed, be vigilant, and adhere to common sense guidelines.
We will continue to keep you informed as updates come in and we are apprised of any restrictions or changes in offering you a stay here at the Inn.
Be well, be safe, and know that we are missing you all.
On behalf of the Beachmere team,
Sarah Diment – Owner
Elaine Akeroyd – GM
Starting Thurs AM Maine is “closed” from April 2 – 30th Per Governor Mills
- All Maine people to stay at home and only can work at an essential business
- Only groceries, medical care, caring for family members, walk yourself or your pet
- 6′ distance, no public transportation available unless working at an essential business.
- Only have passengers from your immediate family in a vehicle, no friends. Unless you are bringing someone to dr.
- Essential stores are to limit the number of customers allowed inside
- Curbside pick up or take out while enforcing distancing is for all restaurants
- Maine orders all schools closed until May 1st.
- Governor Mills insists that anyone entering this state or returning to Maine must self quarantine for 14 days