As we hastily approach yet another golden summer here along Maine’s rocky coast, countless soon-to-be brides and grooms gleefully line up their honeymoon plans. While 2020 is destined to be a unique year in every way, shape, and form, elegant weddings will assuredly endure. Thus, there will always be a time and place for a classic Maine honeymoon in the historic, undeniably beautiful sea town of Ogunquit, a true coastal jewel. The Beachmere Inn on the Ocean, one of the finest (and most historical) hotels in Maine, remains an idyllic honeymoon destination for couples who value sophistication, relaxation, culinary arts, and a smidge of aquatic adventure.
The Beachmere Inn: History, Beauty, and Romance
Ogunquit, when examined under a microscope, is perhaps the most enticing location for a long-awaited coastal Maine honeymoon, primarily because of its natural beauty, historical significance, and to-die-for culinary creations. The Beachmere Inn itself fosters passionate, uninhibited romance with a playful element thrown into the fold. With ample on-site acreage to explore the ocean’s edge, as well as a culinary institution (Blue Bistro), there’s no denying the allure of The Beachmere during summer’s radiance and autumn’s vibrant peak. Greet each glorious sunrise with a cup of coffee, explore the region’s landscape, and dine on coastal fare that’s reminiscent of a voyage across the seven seas—life in Ogunquit isn’t fair.
Quintessential Maine Honeymoon Activities
While it won’t be easy to pry yourselves from The Beachmere Inn’s elegant estate, there’s so much beauty and potential adventure at one’s fingertips here in Ogunquit. No southern Maine honeymoon is complete with “crossing” these eight items off of your list of mid-day activities. Many of these excursions are equally exciting, romantic, and tantalizing. After all, no one understands love more than Mother Nature herself. Click the links below to learn more about each potential adventure.
- Explore the Atlantic with the worldly team at Silverlining Sailing.
- Taste your way through Blue Bistro’s eye-popping menu, featuring many New England classics, such as the lobster roll, seafood scampi, and baked haddock.
- Stroll along Ogunquit’s rocky, wide-open coastline on the Marginal Way trail.
- Indulge in a variety of on-site spa treatments in one of our massage rooms. (The spa is temporarily closed due to COVID-19).
- Spend a day on Ogunquit Beach, one of the finest stretches of sand in all of New England.
- Embark on a self-guided lighthouse tour, including stops at Nubble Light, Portsmouth Harbor Light, and, perhaps, offshore Goat Island Lighthouse.
- Try a new craft brewery, such as Hidden Cove, SoMe Brewing, or York Beach Beer.
- Plan a day-trip to nearby Portland.
Elegant Honeymoon Suites in Maine
By now, you likely have a sense as to whether or not Ogunquit is right for your proposed coastal Maine honeymoon. If southern Maine is a match, don’t forget that The Beachmere Inn has a large fleet of elegant, undeniably romantic suites located along the Atlantic’s rugged edge. Isreal Head Road’s “Mayfield” and The Victorian, in particular, are beloved by couples young and old. Yes, each unit features modern amenities, such as gas fireplaces, stylish furnishings, terraces, and kitchenettes. But there’s no denying the allure of an 1897 Victorian estate along the banks of the mighty deep blue. Mayfield, meanwhile, is just a short walk from the main property. It features the prettiest garden in the city.
To learn more about a potential New England honeymoon to Ogunquit, please give us a call today at 800-336-3983 (or check availability online). Reminder: Maine Residents can book in June; others starting in July.