October 2017 – Facilities Manager – A Year Round Position Available Immediately
Duties: The Facilities Manager ensures that all hotel equipment is properly serviced and functional, that the hotel grounds and facilities are maintained, and that training is provided so that the department team members can perform their jobs to standard. This role oversees maintenance team member scheduling and performance. You are expected to perform skilled maintenance and repair duties for the property, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, and plumbing tasks. As well, the Manager must be able to operate equipment such as, but not limited to, hot tub, hand tools, power tools, electric lawn mower, leaf blower, and pressure washer. This role is a hands-on position, reporting to the General Manager, and is responsible for insuring that the rooms and property are maintained in the best possible condition, with the least inconvenience to guests, while maintaining a safe and secure environment. You must maintain a polite, cheerful and professional relationship with our guests and staff members. Long hours, many on your feet, often required. You must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Operate, check, and make general repairs to the buildings – interior and exterior, furniture, fixtures, HVAC, boilers, pumps, motors, hot tub systems and others including plumbing, carpentry, welding, painting, and electrical.
- Ensure a comprehensive preventative maintenance program is maintained
- Maintain maintenance department budget, recommend capital improvements, monitor expenditures, and prepare reports
- Oversee maintenance staff as well as contractors, and the work of maintenance related service contracts
- Gather, organize, and submit estimates for work to be completed by contractors
- Ensure adequate inventory of all required materials, equipment, and supplies. – Maintain logs and documentation for all work completed
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, Hot Tub, Fire, and other government regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Beachmere Inn standards on an on-going and timely basis, including that a proper key control program is followed
- Provide leadership and training to staff while promoting staff morale and workplace safety
- Work closely with all departments to ensure guest needs are addressed in a timely manner
A minimum 5 years’ previous maintenance experience required with a minimum one year of previous hotel supervisory experience preferred. You must have computer skills with the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
This is a year-round salaried position. The Beachmere Inn offers health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation time and personal time, and a supportive working environment. On site parking is available.
Please send resume and cover letter to Elaine Akeroyd (GM) at ElaineA@beachmereinn.com or come into the Inn and fill out an application. Should you have questions first, Feel free to call 207-646-2021 x 604
2017 – FT & PT Housekeeping Positions- SEASONAL positions until January 2018 – Available Immediately
You will clean guestrooms and public areas and assist in the laundry. Your schedule will include weekends and some holidays. You are a neat freak who looks at your work area with pride and is not afraid to get into the corners. You must be able to lift 25 pounds on a consistent basis. Experienced candidates preferred.
This position is eligible for medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, providing you meet hours worked eligibility. An excellent opportunity for a dedicated employee who would like to work for a great employer for the long term!
Please inquire via e-mail with Elaine Akeroyd, GM at Elainea@beachmereinn.com or come into the Inn and fill out an application. Should you have questions first, please call 207-646-2021 x 604
2017 – PT Breakfast Service- SEASONAL position until January 2018 with a resuming of hours in Mid Feb. – Available Immediately
BREAKFAST SERVICE– Join our FUN Team!!Work year round, part time 20 – 25 hours/week. Your duties will include setting up our hearty continental breakfast and replenishing it so that it looks as inspiring to the last guest as it did to the first guest of the morning. You must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and must be quick on your feet. You are an organized person who likes to greet the day with relish and who smiles and takes pleasure from giving great service. Shifts are from 6:30 to 11:30ish, Weekends are required some holidays will apply.
Please send an e-mail to ElaineA@Beachmereinn.com to express your interest. Ideal for the candidate looking for part time work, but not a full time commitment. Call Elaine Akeroyd at 207-646-2021, ext.604 for more information.